Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blog # 13: revision of blog 4... Silent Ralph


The mountain top was cold because of lack of fire and tense because Jack just hit Piggy. Piggies glasses flickered in the light as the sun shined on them; or maybe because he was crying behind them. The colors in his eyes were opalescence as they whirled in a circle. I watched Piggie look at his glasses and then back to Jack,glaring at him malevolently. A shrill voice in my head urged me to defend him but something else spoke that made me do otherwise. Jack smiled in glee to implicate that he found this amusing (the fact that Piggy was helpless). But when Jack smiled I stared at him incredulously. It was not only the fact that he was being so impossibly rude to Piggy that angered me, but it was also the behavior that Jack took on after it was "HE" who messed up... not Piggy. Jacks preposterous behavior did nothing to improve my mood. Piggy whimpered when ever Jack looked at him but everyone was too busy collecting wood for the newly made fire to notice. It felt like a mirage when I last saw the smoke. Yet here he was next to Jack collecting fire wood. I stared into my hand ashamed that I had not come to the aid of Piggy when Jack slugged him. But it was because if the hunters turned on me I was dead meat... Literally. We finally had the fire started, we all cooked are meat as the flames danced infront of our faces. But then something unexpected happened. Piggy asked for meat from Jack. He wasn't being rude either. This irrelevance to any sort of anger that Piggy felt for Jack disappeared, just because of some meat Piggy was finally accepting Jack's Power... What a shame, we forget ourselves just for a bit of meat.

No comments: