Thursday, February 21, 2008

Roger: Post # 6


It was boring... A few people were talking but the rest of us were just quiet eating our fruit. So far we hadn't seen a beast or anything else. The I heard from a distance the squeal of a pig, quickly Jack began to make his way towards the source of the commotion, then a pig came running right past us, Jack pushed past us to follow it. The other boys trying to catch up. Then Ralph came into view panting while holding his spear. He said he stabbed the pig. I was awed at the thought and laughed at the thought of a pig running around with a spear stuck to it. But once again Ralph and Jack began to fight, this time on who was more popular. Jack showed us a small bloody cut. I relished the amount that was pouring out. But then things were back to normal. But when Ralph began to lead the group I could have sworn Jack was sniveling a bit. The Ralph brought us back to more seroius issues, the beast. He sagely explained to us why we had to persue it. We had to find it before night fall or else it would be to risky. Ralph and Jack were going to go up the hill saying ut was the only place it could be. I agreed. I also offered to come with them. It could be fun finding the beast, perhaps we would kill it and eat it too, I grinned at the thought. Maybe it tasted good... Beast meat? So we climbed. Once we were high up I stayed quiet. Even though I was eager to kill the beast, I still was afraid of what was lurking behind the bushes. We were finally up. Jack went to find the beast first, he claimd he saw it. Me and Ralph followed. Thn we saw it. Larger then any animal I had seen. Deep black eyes were looking at us as though infuriated. I stepped back, there were an infinite times I was scared but now I was about to faint. I tried to lift my spear but my arms were uncompromising so instead I ran. As I ran I Ralph and Jack were gaining a few steps ahead of me. I kept stumbling due to a bunch of coverts but I managed to not fall. Jack fell behind because of all the coverts and his steps were slowly becoming more blundersom.

No comments: