Monday, February 25, 2008

Simons last: Prompt # 8


I stirred when I was awoken. The Lord of the Flies was standing there, a cruel smiling sporting his wicked decaying face. I spoke to him, no answer. The conversation was so real I could hardly believe it when I spoke the reply was silence. I was right before. All these times I was correct about the Beast actually being us. My mouth was dry and I was thirsty. My black hair matted to the side of my ears. None of which mattered right now. Ralph, Piggy and all the littleuns were going to fall to jack and his superstition about the beast.


I must not let this happen, or the chances of survival were as slim as there chance to find the beast. The beast... it was the beast. I must prove that its a lie, I know it is. I felt frustrated though, how was I ever to prove it when the beast has nothing to prove, for all I know it could be a log, fat Chance that would be for me to tell them the giant monster they all pictured was actually a chunk of rotting wood. Silliness aside, I have to prove it. I looked up at the mountain, perhaps I'll start there; just then on the canopy of gray clouds a giant puff of dark blue rose on the top of the trees on the mountain top.


Interesting, perhaps a start. I am making my way up the jagged rocks of the mountain as passing many piglets cowering tremulously behind a palms trunk. I am now shuddering but stopped suddenly and keeping a steadfast pace up the hill.


I come to a sudden stop, I'm in shock. Wow I can't believe it! A body at least two weeks old was rotting away with a parachute attached to its back. How sad, with an improper burial. Risking his life who knows where and falling to his death on a savage island. His family was probably worried sick and searching all over for him. I felt a misery at this thought. How sad, how depressing, how... gross. I fell on my knees and began to puke like a broken pipe. I felt disgusted and the satisfaction only puking could get you. But I looked at the dead man, and pitied. I released the burden of the parachute.


The beast. My breaths were uneven and I felt my head feel slightly off again. My eyes were unfocused. This was the beast! I was joyful. I found it. Ralph will surly find this enough evidence to satisfy the whole group.


I looked around off the tops of the mountains. The Storm above was so complete it began to sprinkle. I ignored it. I saw a fire glowing on the dark beaches of the island. The fire was out of place but I sprinted down scraping my feet on the undergrowth. Vines tangles on to my arms as though to hold me back. It felt strangely familiar, as if I were a child to close to the edge of a ledge, and a ,parent was holding me back from harm. I ripped off the great tangle of jungle weeds and ran faster. I took little notice of anything else as my new discovery bloomed many other thoughts in my head. Perhaps the lord of the flies doesn't exist, perhaps I was right to run away from the savageness of humans.


Once again I was met by another road block. A pig. I looked at the little pig. It was pale pink with eyes that were black and full of understanding. I didn't mov, neither did the pig. I'm watching it carefully as it looks at me fearfully, just then I hear it over the roar of the wind,

"KILL THE BEAST! CUT ITS THROUT! BASH HIM IN!"

I'm running again. I come to the edge of the forest and I watch savage figures dimmed by the lack of light but still visible becaus eof the fire. I am instantly engulfed into a circle. Savages I thought, but faces flickered, Ralph, Jack, Sam, and Eric. People were throwing rocks at me I scream,

"THE BEAST ISN'T REAL, A DEAD MAN. ON THE MOUNTAIN"

I felt my hair being pulled of in tuffs and my leg being bitten. The circle was not of my friends, but of the beasts. I yelled again trying to get over the agony of pain,

"ON THE MOUNTAIN TOP," I was now yelling in agony but pressed on, "man.. dead.."


They were vicoiusly pressing on. But I wasn't done. I wasn't going to let them die. I felt the punching of fists pound on my head, I spoke with a weak voice,


"Please... listen, man... dead... on mountain..."


Rain was pouring all over. The beasts screamed in disconfert and ran away. I felt a trickel of blood run down the side of my nose. My breaths are now numbered to the single digits. The water of the waves washed over me. my eyes began to blur. I felt the corruption of the man kind wash over me. Then the voice of The Lord of the Flies rang in my ears.

"The Beast always wins,"


I realised what this meant. I slowly slipped away. I failed none of the know that the beast doesn't actually exsist. The disconfert of my matted hair mattered no longer, I felt at peace. It was better this way. I dies before it all got worse. The only problum was who else would join me.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I like this sentence alot it was really good

I stirred when I was awoken. The Lord of the Flies was standing there, a cruel smiling sporting his wicked decaying face.

I like that sentence alot, it was very descriptive
Nice JOB!